Welcome to my blog!
I have a master’s degree in History from the City College of New York – CUNY (ΦΒΚ). I’m a US Army Veteran, a husband, and a cat herder (we have six!).
I was born in Alaska, but I’ve lived across the US, in Europe, the Middle East, and in Asia. My wife and I currently reside in New York City.
This is a personal blog that I’ve been updating since 2008 so it has no consistent theme. Things that I’m interested in and that you might find posts about in this blog include history, religions, mythology, archaeology, Linux/Open-Source Software, and video games.
Find more information about me on the About page or by browsing the social media sites listed below.
Causes & Organizations that I Support
- Veterans of Foreign Wars (The VFW)
- Public Broadcasting System (PBS Thirteen)
- The New York Public Library (NYPL)
- [email protected] (distributing computing network)
- Significance and Consequences of ‘Xenia’ in “The Odyssey”
- Martin Luther King, Jr. and Positive Extremism
- Writing Samples: papers submitted as part of my master’s degree graduation requirements
I read prolifically. I average about fifty books a year, mostly in the Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Horror genres. Right now, I’m trying to catch up on books that I set aside for later while studying at college.