Welcome to my blog!
I have a Master’s degree in History from the City College of New York – CUNY. I’m a US Army Veteran, a husband, and a cat herder (we have 6!).
I was born in Alaska, but I’ve lived across the US, in Europe, the Middle East, and in Asia. My wife and I currently reside in New York City.
I’m interested in history, religions, mythology, archaeology, politics, and fringe ideas about aliens. I read prolifically. I average about 50 books a year, mostly in the Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Horror genres right now. I’m trying to catch up on books I set aside while studying at college. By next year, I think I’ll swing back towards a heavy religion, mythology, and history reading blend.
This is a personal blog so it has no consistent theme. You’ll find posts here ranging from thoughts on Harry Potter characters to a 40 page historiography on the presentation of Muslims in academic writing following the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon in the US.
Find more info about me on the About page or by browsing the social media sites listed below.
Causes & Organizations that I Support
- Veterans of Foreign Wars (The VFW)
- Public Broadcasting System (PBS Thirteen)
- The New York Public Library (NYPL)
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met)
- Significance and Consequences of ‘Xenia’ in “The Odyssey”
- Martin Luther King, Jr. and Positive Extremism
- Writing Samples: papers that were reviewed by professors, revised, and submitted as part of Master’s degree graduation requirements